Welcome, Guest. Please Login
Stoozing.com

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Nationwide 5% Flexclusive Regular Saver (Read 4851 times)
Sarah
Senior Stoozer

stoozpot : 0
Nationwide 5% Flexclusive Regular Saver
2nd Dec, 2015 at 2:38am

Flexclusive Regular Saver is a new loyalty product that replaces their excellent Regular Savings account. There's also a non-Flexclusive version with a lower interest rate, available to customers that don't satisfy the loyalty criteria.

At first glance the only advantage to the new account seems to be the 5% interest rate (without tiers) which following the recent cut is now 3% more than the pre-existing Regular Savings account. However the maximum monthly deposit is now only 500 (rather than 1000) and the new account ends after 12 months (whereas a great and unusual feature of the outgoing Regular Savings account was that it continued rolling on, making it possible to build up a significant balance over multiple years).

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/savings/flexclusive-regular-saver/features-and-benefits

It looks like they're allowing Regular Savings account holders to open and continue both accounts for now, with the Regular Savings product eventually discontinued on 1 December 2016.

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/~/media/MainSite/documents/products/savings/terms-and-conditions/FSUA41-flex-service.pdf

IP Logged

Danceswithhorses
Serious Stoozer

Re: Nationwide 5% Flexclusive Regular Saver
Reply #1 - 2nd Dec, 2015 at 5:46pm

well spotted..not bad  Wink

IP Logged

planteria
Senior Stoozer

going down the Wednesbury Road

stoozpot : 48000
Reply #2 - 3rd Dec, 2015 at 7:55am

good account..
the 'ongoing' feature was appealing, but i couldn't find an account on the market which paid a rate that made it worthwhile.
criteria for this one are easy..FlexDirect accounts nail it.

IP Logged

chickenboy
Stoozer

Stoozing.com

stoozpot : 20K
Reply #3 - 3rd Dec, 2015 at 8:09am

Nice one, and you can pay in 500 each month!

IP Logged

mike_p
Stooz Starter

Stoozing.com

stoozpot : 1
Reply #4 - 3rd Dec, 2015 at 10:10am

Yes not bad, and the 500 limit is good.  HSBC (250), FD (300) & M&S (250) offer 6% tho'

IP Logged

planteria
Senior Stoozer

going down the Wednesbury Road

stoozpot : 48000
Reply #5 - 4th Dec, 2015 at 9:10am

yes, the 500 is handy..

IP Logged

m1chaels
Senior Stoozer

stoozing.com

Reply #6 - 5th Dec, 2015 at 8:34pm

Wish I'd known about the rolling on 1k per month reg saver before Sad

IP Logged

Sarah
Senior Stoozer

Reply #7 - 4th Jun, 2016 at 3:16am

Quote:
What are the eligibility criteria for this account?

To apply for a Flexclusive Regular Saver account you must:

1. Hold a FlexOne account and be aged 18 or over or hold a FlexAccount and have:

Been paying in 750+ a month over the last 3 months (excluding transfers from any Nationwide account held by you or anyone else); or

Completed an account switch to us (from a non-Nationwide account) using our Current Account Switch Team in the last 4 months; or

2. Hold a FlexDirect or FlexPlus account.

So if I decide to close my only FlexDirect account, I first need to get busy with my FlexAccount for 3 months to avoid killing my Flexclusive Regular Saver account interest rate... or doesn't eligibility matter anymore (in practice) once the Flexclusive Regular Saver is up and running? Has anyone here been through this already? Perhaps downgrading the FlexDirect account would be safer than closing it and still count as an eligible FlexAccount!

The full T&Cs appear to say this:

Quote:
If you no longer meet the eligibility criteria we may transfer the account to another instant access savings account and the terms and
conditions of that account will apply and we will contact you when we do this.

IP Logged

Anon
Serious Stoozer

stoozing.com

Reply #8 - 2nd Aug, 2016 at 1:23pm

You can request downgrading your FlexD account to a normal Flex account, which would retain the previous transactions and save waiting (and then enables getting a new FlexD)?

IP Logged

Sarah
Senior Stoozer

Reply #9 - 6th Aug, 2016 at 5:44am

Yeah, I've done that before, although I'm not sure they'd regard it as continuous eligibility now as I've recently also cut throughput of my FlexDirect account and it'd take a little time to get a replacement opened. Might be lazy and just wait until my Flexclusive Regular Saver matures at the start of December before making any other changes.

IP Logged

Sarah
Senior Stoozer

Reply #10 - 2nd Dec, 2016 at 7:13am

Well, in the end I didn't risk closing any accounts; kept my FlexDirect account open for the full 12 months yet Nationwide have matured my Flexclusive Regular Saver without paying any interest at all. Have sent a query - hopefully they're just being slow/inefficient with crediting it.

IP Logged

Sarah
Senior Stoozer

Reply #11 - 2nd Dec, 2016 at 9:46am

Yep, they appear to admit they've messed up. Nationwide response:

Quote:
We are currently aware of this same issue affecting our members and we are looking in to this as a high priority and aim to get this resolved and your interest paid to you as soon as possible.

In the meantime, our funds are now only earning 0.5% instead of 5% before maturity.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print