Virgin Money

Credit card news tips and information

Moderator: User Moderator

StoozOrLose

Re: Virgin Money

Postby StoozOrLose » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:45 pm

Ha - not losing sleep, just money! Which is worse!

Cheers though, think I'm with it now. So if I'd taken the money on the MBNA without a fee, I could have moved the cash into the S123 and then moved the debt to Virgin. Which would have meant no fee and no transfer fee so I'd have avoided the 1.69%...

The penny has dropped, thanks.

Looks like I have my next move.

StoozOrLose

Postby StoozOrLose » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:29 pm

YorkshireBoy wrote:TSB Plus, for 5% on £2K and the same on £250 a month into their regular saver.

Nationwide FlexDirect, for 5% on £2,500 (for 12 months) and the same on £500 a month into their regular saver.

Just looking to set these up based on your tip, thanks again.

Might be a dim question but on the Nationwide one it says you have to pay in £1000 per month but can only earn interest on £2500. So am I right in assuming you just paying in the £1000 per month but take money out before the transfer in to stay under the limit?

planteria

Postby planteria » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:00 am

no, just use it as a £2500 Savings Pot. put £1000 in & take it back out again. going over £2500 doesnt stop you earning interest on the £2500.

Jamesd

Postby Jamesd » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:00 am

StoozOrLose wrote:Think I'm missing something, why the shock face and the fee highlighted in red? Have I made an error I'm not aware of yet?
No error. The thread mentions a mule card and some others that you might consider so it seems to be just a suggestion.

newstoozer

Postby newstoozer » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:53 pm

Apologies for mp being rather late on this, but can anyone tell me how long the "mule" process tends to take?

Say I took out that MBNA credit card on day 1 and did a money transfer the same day, how long would/should it be before I can get it transferred to the Virgin credit card? Would it just be a matter of days (or hours if I'm really fast!).

I guess it would probably be best to apply for the Virgin card first just so I know:

A) my Virgin application has been successful and
B) what my Virgin credit limit is (no point in doing an MT with MBNA for more than I can switch to Virgin)

Have I covered all bases there, or am I missing anything else of importance?

newstoozer

Postby newstoozer » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:06 pm

newstoozer wrote:Apologies for being rather late on this, but can anyone tell me how long the "mule" process tends to take?

Say I took out that MBNA credit card on day 1 and did a money transfer the same day to my stooze-pot, how long would/should it be before I can get the debt transferred to the Virgin credit card? Would it just be a matter of days (or hours if I'm really fast!).

I guess it would probably be best to apply for the Virgin card first just so I know:

A) my Virgin application has been successful and
B) what my Virgin credit limit is (no point in doing an MT with MBNA for more than I can switch to Virgin)

Have I covered all bases there, or am I missing anything else of importance?

Ooooops! Meant to edit my post rather than quote it. Sorry!!!

Sarah

Postby Sarah » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:44 pm

£25 cashback for successful Virgin Money credit card application if already a Virgin Money customer:

http://uk.virginmoney.com/virgin/credit ... oduct=ALL#

Need to spend £500 within 60 days to qualify. Includes balance transfers / money transfers & excludes ATM withdrawals.

planteria

Postby planteria » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:44 am

and are you an existing VM customer?
best route a Savings account?

Sarah

Postby Sarah » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:05 pm

Yes, already a VM customer (an old tracker ISA). I got a decent limit £7.3K but will probably just use it to transfer £500 from other cards and pocket the £25 (having selected the card with no BT fees).

Sarah

Postby Sarah » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:34 am

My £25 cashback was credited today - efficient and hassle-free service from Virgin Money.

Return to “Stoozing Credit Cards”