Barclaycard offer

Credit card news tips and information

Moderator: User Moderator

Marges

Barclaycard offer

Postby Marges » Mon May 09, 2016 10:35 pm

Hi, I've been offered 0% on purchases till march 2017 on my unused Barclaycard which has an £11k credit limit. What is the best way to stooze this?

cashback

Re: Barclaycard offer

Postby cashback » Tue May 10, 2016 12:21 pm

You will need to slow stooze this.

Do as much everyday spending as possible using your credit card and make the minimum repayment to the credit card each month. You then save the difference at the highest possible rate and use this fund to repay the card at the end of the deal.

This only works if you use it to pay for things you would've paid for anyway (don't go out and buy a car for example).

Call Barclaycard and request a longer deal to maximise your returns (look on MSE website for the longest deals). Slow stoozing £11k in 9 months is a tall order for most!

kempiejon

Re: Barclaycard offer

Postby kempiejon » Wed May 11, 2016 9:13 pm

Marges,

If you have an MBNA account or two with zero balances or small debts you could transfer the 11k to them and then ask MBNA customer services phone or as I prefe via online message to move the credit balance to your current account. In fact MBNA offer a fee free transfer account I use for just such and event. I can't see the account I currently hold but this would do the job https://www.mbna.co.uk/compare-credit-c ... yday-plus/

I was reading on other posts that Barclay card will move cash to the current account as will VIrgin

Return to “Stoozing Credit Cards”