Tesco Premium Credit Card

Credit card news tips and information

Moderator: User Moderator

Sarah

Tesco Premium Credit Card

Postby Sarah » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:28 am

This new Tesco Bank credit card looks pretty bonkers:

http://www.tescobank.com/credit-cards/premium/

Having dropped the clubcard points earning rates on their other cards, it seems this one has been introduced with the former rates maintained but offset by an annual fee... £150 per year!

If you spend £5000 over a year then you get a 5000 points bonus, which would cover the fee if boosted at 3X rate or better.

Also comes with worldwide travel insurance and a discount of £50/person off a BA Club Europe return flight for new accounts when booked within the first 2 months. Maybe a great deal if you have a large family!

planteria

Re: Tesco Premium Credit Card

Postby planteria » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:07 pm

i don't think so Sarah. that money could be spent on a card that would generate cashback/points right from the first £ spent.

joker

Postby joker » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:58 pm

Let me think.... Thanks but no thanks. Only another 4 months to go before I cancel my 123 card but I won't be replacing it with one of those! Innovation and different is good. Massive fees, not so much!

planteria

Postby planteria » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:53 am

agreed. the take up won't be high.. it's not a good deal for careful shoppers, and it's not a good deal for experienced stoozers looking out for an angle either.

Return to “Stoozing Credit Cards”