Extra TSB classic accounts

Where to make the most of your savings

Moderator: User Moderator

cashback

Extra TSB classic accounts

Postby cashback » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:07 pm

I'm experimenting with opening more Classic Plus accounts by opening a Classic account and then upgrading on the online interface.

So far I have successfully opened a Classic account and plan to open three more to bring me to 5 Classic accounts over the next few weeks. I'm doing it on the premise that I will use them for my own personal finance arrangements (eg holiday savings, contingency, bills, spending etc).

Once I have 5 I will then try to upgrade them to Classic Plus to open up a potential £10K resource @ 4.89% (gross).

If the plan goes south, I will use the accounts as donors and bag some incentives as and when they surface this year.

cashback

Re: Extra TSB classic accounts

Postby cashback » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:08 pm

To clarify, I already have a 1 Classic Plus and will open 4 more Classic accounts to make 5 total.

chickenboy

Postby chickenboy » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:11 pm

So I thought you were now limited to one Plus account total. If you have a Plus account, are you hoping to open a Classic account and then convert it to a Plus account? (if so let us know how it goes!)

cashback

Postby cashback » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:12 pm

That's exactly the plan. Yes the limit is one Classic Plus per customer. I won't upgrade them until I've got to 5 - I had 2 calls to clarify details when opening the first Classic and both of the CSAs said I'll be notified 'if' it's approved.

It appears TSB are a little more frugal in issuing accounts compared to Halifax, despite both being HBOS owned and using the same online platform/layout. Hence my cautious approach in opening all accounts first and upgrading later.

Will report back with the results

joker

Postby joker » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:52 pm

Tsb aren't owned by Halifax. They were part of lloyds banking group, got split off are are being bought by sabido. Tsb currently use a lot of lloyds group systems but I expect that to change over time.

cashback

Postby cashback » Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:42 pm

I'd better get a move on and start some applications then!

cashback

Postby cashback » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:46 pm

That's the 2nd Classic application made...

DC.

Postby DC. » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:25 am

Last Thursday I sat down with GF's Dad and went through opening some accounts for him to save his money (not stooz from CC).
We opened 2 Classic Plus accounts, with the first 1 triggering setting up online banking.
The 2nd was pre-populated with his details, so we opened that in a matter of seconds, all accepted.

I was thinking of experimenting with opening more plus accounts using the 'open normal current account, then upgrade' on my own login first to see if it works, since it has been mentioned in here and the old forum.

(are we still allowed to mention the old forum :) )

cashback

Postby cashback » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:30 am

Sounds promising. I have just applied for the 4th Classic account. The first three are showing on my online banking and I've funded them with a nominal amount.

I then plan to wait until I have debit cards for all accounts so that I can generate some initial activity on each account.

Feel free to add your learnings to this post.

Haha, the old forum!

planteria

Postby planteria » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:33 am

the question will whether the 5% interest is paid on more than one account...

Return to “Savings & Stooz Pots”