Extra TSB classic accounts

Where to make the most of your savings

Moderator: User Moderator

DC.

Re: Extra TSB classic accounts

Postby DC. » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:26 pm

Just received an email from TSB regarding the change in interest rate etc.
Also mentioned was this "Another new condition is if you have more than one Classic Plus account in your sole name or more than one Classic Plus account in joint names, we may convert your additional account into an Enhance account or another current account from our range. We’ll give you at least two months’ notice before we do this."
I'll have to wait and see what happens.

cashback

Postby cashback » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:04 pm

Hmm, not good. Not had my message yet but I've seen all the info about it. Halifax rewards are dropping from £5 to £3 in 2017 too.

If my Classic Plus accounts get changed, I have an idea on how to get them back again after closing.

Sarah

Postby Sarah » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:45 pm

Well, I've now increased to 5 x TSB Classic Plus so I'll get some benefit even if just for a period of months. Should last until March at the earliest given the change of T&Cs takes effect in January and they're giving at least 2 months notice after that; also there's always the hope they might not immediately exercise all their rights to downgrade applicable accounts!

Anon

Postby Anon » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:17 am

Sad times for banking - it is criminal how they are slashing interest rates by such large amounts given the minor change in the base rate.

Can I just check those that have managed to get above the 2 Cashplus, are you applying for a normal account and upgrading, or applying for the Cash Plus direct? I tried twice the former route and each time got the referred text message (and then never got round to phoning :oops: ).

DC.

Postby DC. » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:37 pm

I recently opened a new one for GF, using the open normal account first, then upgrading online.
I eventually got my GF to ring them, they asked where she lived, and for how long.

Anon

Postby Anon » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:04 pm

£100 cashback is now being offered as a switching bonus on MSE for opening a new TSB Classic before 11th December and switching before end December (so long as you have not had switching bonus previously - need to check if I have? Did they have them when we opened the two accounts when that was allowed? If not, could brave the reject text response and add a third one - though having to call them may then affect the cashback?).

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/bankin ... 1402934389

DC.

Postby DC. » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:05 am

I tried applying for the above account in the past when switching bonus was available, but as I already had 2 accounts I couldn't have a third. You have to apply for the account using the link on MSE website, and it's a direct application for the Plus account, not a normal Classic then upgrade.
If you do manage to get it while having Plus accounts already, please tell us how you did it.

Anon

Postby Anon » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:38 pm

Would downgrading one of my two Classic plus to classic, then apply for a new Classic Plus through MSE, then upgrade the original back to Classic plus be a route? Before getting more classics to upgrade.

cashback

Postby cashback » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:43 pm

As long as you don't exceed more than 6 accounts in total, this may work.

Would you downgrade online/telephone/in branch?

Anon

Postby Anon » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:27 pm

cashback wrote:As long as you don't exceed more than 6 accounts in total, this may work.

Would you downgrade online/telephone/in branch?

I think by phone (no online option unfortunately). Where does the 6 limit that you refer to come from please? Experience?

Return to “Savings & Stooz Pots”