Bitcoin

Where to make the most of your savings

Moderator: User Moderator

planteria

Re: Bitcoin

Postby planteria » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:14 pm

it's great DC. to be able to remove CCs you don't want to follow, leaving the ones you do want to see very clear, is really smart.

rodent

Postby rodent » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:43 pm

I think we can safely call todays figs a "dip" in crypto world ....where it goes next is anyones guess !

planteria

Postby planteria » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:58 pm

agreed Rodes. my LNS has arrived today, and i know which CCs i want to dabble in. i haven't decided which exchange to use yet, but i've decided to do nothing today anyway. i want to check it out in the next few days, but then will look at it properly in the first few days of January.

rodent

Postby rodent » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:52 pm

...lol ...the markets will wait until you are ready i'm sure!
another 1k splashed around on etoro today
still not sorted my LNS ...you can tell me how to use it !lol
Which ccs are you thinking ?

My accountant asked what i would do with £1k if just starting - After thinking about this and all the "its not safe", "your coins will be hacked", " excahnge will nick it " etc, i suggested he buy $200 in each of the 7 crytos on etoro as a starting point which works out at £1050 and carry no coins. he is mulling it over !

The crypto rocket has touched down for a min to collect more passengers, throw your bags on and lets go for a ride !

planteria

Postby planteria » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:41 pm

yes rodes.. i won't have access to significant funds until January.
will try to get chance to familiarise myself with LNS this weekend.

planteria

Postby planteria » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:13 pm

working on something with some people i work with, and looking at the various Cryptocurrency exchanges.

have a LNS Hardware Wallet, and Sterling bank accounts, debit cards and credit cards.. no Euro or Dollar accounts, though these could be set up if necessary.

Coinbase is getting a lot of attention, but i understand that they're not great value.. and i'm not bothered about using an app. access via a bog standard macbook on a website is fine.

Kraken and Gemini seem slick, but are not offering transactions in Sterling, so i assume there is an exchange rate as well as purchase trading fees.

Bitbargain seems a decent option, but they only allow access to Bitcoin and Litecoin, it seems.

what Exchanges do people here recommend?

rodent

Postby rodent » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:46 pm

You can put the cash into coinbase and transfer to gdax to avoid fees (gdax/coinbase is one and the same)
i havent done it but seems to be relatively straight forward

https://support.gdax.com/customer/en/po ... d-coinbase

planteria

Postby planteria » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:21 pm

i copied the above from another site where i had asked the same question.

is that right, that using a combination of the two sites is very cost effective?

with everything that's been going on i haven't had chance to check it out more thoroughly, but i know that coinbase is relatively costly.

rodent

Postby rodent » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:28 pm

Have a look at this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-5ISrdeWtQ

If you google coinbase gdax fees there are quite a few videos on it , not sure how you do it with GBP.

I bit the bullet and paid the fees, as prices were lower , so were fees and the BTC price was moving up pretty quickly when i was buying, i just needed to get in quick !

planteria

Postby planteria » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:54 pm

got you. i knew that gdax was owned by coinbase and that the fees are lower. i don't need an app on my phone, so coinbase had little appeal. but i'm not sure how easy it is to just use gdax, or whether that is a good choice.

Return to “Savings & Stooz Pots”