Stoozing forum move

Latest Stoozing News

Moderator: User Moderator

stooz
Site Admin

Stoozing forum move

Postby stooz » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:26 pm

You may or may not know, but we are now also creators of http://www.lemonfool.co.uk
This is similar to the Motley Fool forums which are closing shortly.

As such there is a credit card forum and sub forum for discussing stoozing.

You are all welcome.
There are no current plans to merge this board across and certainly none to close the stoozing site.

Anon

Re: Stoozing forum move

Postby Anon » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:40 pm

I didn't know that, thank you. I rad this due to your subject heading, only to find that there were no current plans to move us, phew! I am wondering why you would want to start another stoozing forum/sub-forum when you have the old one still live on stoozing.com and the new forum on here too? It is a little confusing when coming in from the front end, as I have to remember to go into news to find the link to the new forum (here) as the site naviation links to the old Forum, but I see some people are still posting in the old forum too as that is still live (it would have perhaps been better, and possibly still would, to import the old fouum into here somehow and the just run this new one?). And now we have potentially another different site to visit too. I appreciate people post on lots of other forums too, so there is plenty of room on the web for more but confusing when it is the same topics with many of the same people :D.

planteria

Postby planteria » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:10 am

interesting stooz.. along the lines of Anon's comments, can you explain the thinking behind this please?

Clariman

Postby Clariman » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:50 am

Although Stooz and I created Stoozing.com together I have had no involvement for a few years, but I think I can answer the question.

About 10 days ago the financial website, The Motley Fool, announced that it was shutting down its discussion boards on 17th November. Stooz and I 'met' on TMF many years ago, which is where the term Stoozing was coined. I contacted Stooz to suggest creating an environment where users could discuss what they did next and maybe provide a permanent home if they wanted. Lemonfool.co.uk was setup and we now have nearly 1500 users registered already.

It has been setup with a Stoozing subforum. We have so much to do to improve lemonfool that merging or closing Stoozing.com may never happen.

Hope that explains things.
Clariman

Return to “News”