American Express Offers (Amex)

Tell us your deals or ask for advice

Moderator: User Moderator

planteria

Re: American Express Offers (Amex)

Postby planteria » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:56 am

oh.. you have to use an app to make the purchase.. :?

Sarah

Postby Sarah » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:07 am

I'm willing to install an app for £10; just hope it works better than the Esso one!

Sarah

Postby Sarah » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:40 pm

Morrisons credit received automatically on 5th day (had to get the PayPal credit added manually though).

Sarah

Postby Sarah » Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:28 pm

Sarah wrote:BP
Spend £30 or more, get £10 back

Save to Card to get a £10 statement credit on a transaction of £30+ using the BPme App by 31/12/18. Valid once per Card. Terms and payment restrictions apply.

Sarah wrote:I'm willing to install an app for £10; just hope it works better than the Esso one!

Unfortunately, it's even worse. Tried it on my devices; in both cases multiple attempts to add card details resulted in one time codes being sent by e-mail and SMS however there's no way to enter them on the app as the page clears to blank at this point; can't input the codes, so can't add payment details, so can't buy any fuel! Why are fuel companies releasing these rubbish apps?

planteria

Postby planteria » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:35 am

i just don't get involved Sarah - more hassle than they are worth.

i've had £5 SS from buying a takeaway, and should have some cashback en route from a £40+ purchase at Morrisons.

Sarah

Postby Sarah » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:13 am

These fuel apps do seem largely pointless; admittedly on one occasion the Esso app enabled me to avoid a long queue but at the expense of too much faff away from the forecourt to get it set up. The fuel was also overpriced compared to Tesco.

Now that I have the Esso one working, I've used it a couple more times too, as there are some small additional incentives and moreover another Esso location has recently been undercutting all other fuel prices in the local area so I decided to go there anyway whilst that lasts.

I found with more experiment that the BPme app would successfully add other cards, e.g. MasterCard, just not American Express, which is no help since the £10 off is obviously only for using Amex!

I managed 5 x £5 small shop transactions this year at an independent opticians (not many of these survive), corner shop, off-licence, bookshop and Toy Barnhaus. The credits have all been applied already, together with lots of Morrisons ones.

planteria

Postby planteria » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:19 pm

good going.. i think i only bagged the one SS, but will see when my statement arrives

Return to “Deals & Tips”