Extra TSB classic accounts

Where to make the most of your savings

Moderator: User Moderator

Sarah

Re: Extra TSB classic accounts

Postby Sarah » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:40 pm

Well, I did already receive the cashback once as an existing customer, but that was a year ago and they didn't merge my online profiles on that occasion. Things can change... they may be sharper now!

It also takes ages until they pay out. The page on Quidco for £30 cashback was showing it as ending yesterday - although it didn't and is still available right now with no end date displayed anymore!

https://www.quidco.com/tsb-current-account

Sarah

Postby Sarah » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:56 am

Sarah wrote:Their new Spend & Save account looks a little tempting for the introductory cashback (£5 per month for 6 months) but note it says that conversions from "Classic" accounts don't qualify.

Looking at their obsolete accounts page here it appears they automatically changed "Classic" accounts to Spend & Save accounts, so this is obviously the reason why those conversions don't qualify for the cashback. The "Classic Plus" accounts (that most stoozers would have opened) were treated differently.

Incidentally, according to the Spend & Save cashback T&Cs published here they plan or planned to also launch a Spend & Save Plus account that has the £5 cashback on an ongoing basis, but it's not currently available.

Sarah

Postby Sarah » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:26 am

The page linked below has an online form that can be used to convert Classic Plus accounts into Spend & Save accounts which qualify for cashback. There's no limit for the number of Spend & Save accounts per customer.
https://www.tsb.co.uk/help-and-support/ ... r-account/

planteria

Postby planteria » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:52 pm

"Cashback Earn £5 Cashback for the first six months, including the month you open your account. You just need to make 30 payments or more on your debit card each calendar month.*"

is it worth it? or just spend on credit cards for cashback?

Sarah

Postby Sarah » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:47 am

I'm only earning 0.5% on my credit card these days; the cashback amount is quite unexciting.

Sarah

Postby Sarah » Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:23 am

Sarah wrote:The page linked below has an online form that can be used to convert Classic Plus accounts into Spend & Save accounts which qualify for cashback. There's no limit for the number of Spend & Save accounts per customer.
https://www.tsb.co.uk/help-and-support/ ... r-account/

Did this yesterday, as I'm easily achieving more than 30 debit card transactions/month, so wanted to move up to the next level with more Spend & Save accounts for additional fivers.

It says that the change can take up to 14 days, but actually happened overnight. Also note that the first month is eligible for cashback, so best done early.

Sarah

Postby Sarah » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:30 am

Received £5 on both of my S&S accounts now, so the converted account works just as well as the new one!

The transactions can be NS&I deposits, for minimal effort, although I still do nearly all of mine in supermarkets.

planteria

Postby planteria » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:33 am

proper Stoozing commitment Sarah :mrgreen:

Sarah

Postby Sarah » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:06 am

Quidco paying £55 cashback on TSB S&S accounts today & tomorrow!
https://www.quidco.com/tsb-current-account

Sarah

Postby Sarah » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:30 am

Sarah wrote:Incidentally, according to the Spend & Save cashback T&Cs published here they plan or planned to also launch a Spend & Save Plus account that has the £5 cashback on an ongoing basis, but it's not currently available.

If anyone might be interested in the Spend & Save Plus account (as above) it's actually launched now and is possible to convert existing accounts using an option in their online banking. The monthly fee is £3 though, so it's not very exciting with maximum £2 net gain!

https://www.tsb.co.uk/current-accounts/ ... s-account/

Return to “Savings & Stooz Pots”