Co-op account opportunity

Unwind a grab a biscuit, please feedback about the new forum too!

Moderator: User Moderator

chickenboy

Co-op account opportunity

Postby chickenboy » Fri May 13, 2016 1:35 am

Co-op have a new £150 switch your current account offer...
http://www.moneysupermarket.com/current ... operative/

Also they now pay £4 per month on in credit, £800 in/out a month, and 4 (FOUR!) direct debits

They are touting it as "Everyday Rewards to get up to £5.50 each month with this account" however this is £4/pm and an additional 5p per debit card transaction (max £1.50) per month.

So to get your extra £1.50 you would need to make 30 debit card transactions a month - I think that's a lot, but i wonder what the minimum amount you can buy on a debit card is...can you buy anything on the web for 1p using your debit card??

(frankly I can't be bothered for the £1.50, but will try for the £150 and then just the regular £4/pm)

Sarah

Re: Co-op account opportunity

Postby Sarah » Fri May 13, 2016 5:16 pm

Where are the T&Cs?

Ah, here they are...
http://www.co-operativebank.co.uk/campa ... -incentive

Sadly not a new offer / eligibility is still linked to not having already received a switching incentive from them since January 2014:

You will be eligible for this offer if you are a new customer unless you have previously received any other incentive, offer or benefits for switching to a Co‑operative Bank or smile current account at any point since January 2014.

Amazon sell e-gift cards from 10p although I don't know if 30 identical transactions might cause any issues!

YorkshireBoy

Postby YorkshireBoy » Sat May 14, 2016 9:06 am

Sarah wrote:Sadly not a new offer / eligibility is still linked to not having already received a switching incentive from them since January 2014:

That's the theory. What happens in practice is different...or at least it was for me when I switched in early March with the same exclusion clause in the T&Cs. :D

cashback

Postby cashback » Sun May 15, 2016 10:04 am

This is a great deal, I hadn't seen it. I like the ongoing £4/month part (and the huge switch bonus of course!). Conveniently my Nationwide Flex Direct 5% deal has just lapsed.

Thanks for highlighting this YorkshireBoy! 8-)

StringyBob

Postby StringyBob » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:57 pm

I've just opened a Co-op current account to get the £150 switch bonus (and hopefully £50 TCB).

I received all the bumf in the post yesterday and noticed that you can make cash deposits at the Post Office.

I was wondering if I will be able to make a deposit to the Co-op account at the Post Office using my TSB contactless payment cards. Anyone know? I've seen cashback has had success using TSB into a Post office account but i'd rather not open a new PO account.

cashback

Postby cashback » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:50 pm

I reckon you're in with a good chance of this working. Is this to earn the extra debit card usage bonus?

StringyBob

Postby StringyBob » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:03 pm

Thanks for the reply cashback.

The plan is to get £5 x 6 contactless TSB payments bonus.

If you meant the 5p co-op bonus for using the debit card, I don't think I'll bother even trying with that one

planteria

Postby planteria » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:31 pm

i assume cashback means the TSB debit card usage..

cashback

Postby cashback » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:01 pm

Sorry, I meant the 5p co-op debit card bonus. I agree with Stringybob that it's too onerous to go after.

With regard to getting the TSB £5 x 6 using PO to process from TSB to Co-op, it might work. The theory being that Visa might see it as a purchase at PO.

Return to “Coffee Lounge / feedback”